Dependability is being trustworthy and reliable. Further, it is being able to be trusted to do, or provide, what is needed.
If you are dependable then people can rely on you!
Let’s face it, when you run a business you can’t do everything and you need a good team of people around you. This team must comprise talent, skill and you must be able to depend on them to deliver.
So what are the tests for dependability when it comes to websites?
Dependability of Developers
The checklist of Dependability for website design and development is:
- A developer who takes time to understand you and your business is gold! They must develop a sense of what you want to achieve, and reflect this in your website. Your website must reflect your business, so it is important that the developer has a clear view of what you do.
- During the development process, the developer must discuss progress with you often. They engage you in the process so there are no surprises at the end.
- Dependability involves a timeline for development and clear lists of what has to be done and who is responsible.
- Finally, they must deliver what they have promised.
Dependability of Optimisation and Maintenance Provider
Now on to the Optimisation and Maintenance of your website. Dependability in this instance means:
- Accepting responsibility; they do not blame or justify, they just get on with it!
- Having a transparent pricing policy.
- Being available within reasonable time frames to do the work you require.
- Proactive with advice and understanding the process of Optimisation.
- Resourceful! They have a good network of people who can provide a variety of services that you may need. For example, a professional photographer.
- They fix things promptly and also let you know what caused any problems you may have had.
Dependability of Hosting Provider
Finally on to the Hosting of your Website, here Dependability covers:
- The site is available 24/7/365. You never know when that big customer may arrive.
- A reasonable access time is consistently delivered over the web.
- The pricing is transparent and fair.
- They get back to you promptly with answers to your questions.
- They have a clear disaster recovery plan (bad stuff does happen).
Select a provider who has your interests at heart and believes that their business success DEPENDS on your business success!!
Place the Solid Stamp of DEPEND-ability on your website